Most jobs today require a working knowledge of certain computer skills. Employers seek and reward employees with the skills and knowledge to send messages across the country via e-mail; use a spreadsheet to create a graph and paste it into a report; add and edit data in a database; understand the implications of file sizes, memory limitations, and network arrangements; and recognize the function and features of modern computer components. Any job candidate who already possesses these skills will stand above those who do not.
This course is designed to provide the fundamental computer competencies you need to survive and prosper in today’s fast-changing workplace. You will learn how to implement the powers of modern office software to work faster and more efficiently. This course will focus on practical application for software most common to the workplace. By the time you finish, you will have learned why employers consider technological literacy so critical to the success of any organization.
Duration: 3 Months
- Learn the fundamental computer competencies you need to succeed in the workplace
- Understand how to effectively use Windows 10 and Office 2016
- Learn how to create charts, presentations, word processing documents, and more
- Course Outline
Overview: The Workplace Technology Solution
Outlook: Email and Scheduling
Word: Creating and Formatting Documents
Word: More Advanced Formatting
Excel: Spreadsheet Basics
Excel: Formatting, Charts, and Printing
Access: Database Basics
PowerPoint: Creating and Editing a Presentation
Integrating Microsoft Office Programs
Using the Internet
Transferring and Protecting Data
Putting Your Skills to Work
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any edition of Microsoft Office Pro (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Course Fee: USD 120Now available at Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakstan and Sri Lanka