Turn your business ideas into a solid plan for financing and long-term success. Committing your idea to paper in the form of a business plan not only increases your chances of obtaining financing, but also in keeping your business strategically focused. You will work through all the major components of writing a business plan and emerge with your first draft in hand. And most importantly, you will have completed the first—and most difficult—step on the path to small business success.
Duration: 3 Months
- Develop a strategy for success including a detailed business plan
- Learn the role of the customer in your new business venture
- Gain an understanding of marketing and all the pieces you will need to know to succeed
- Understand the financial aspects of starting and running a business
- Learn how and where to obtain financing
- Course Outline
A Strategy for Success
Defining Your Business
The Role of the Customer
Structuring Your Organization
The Marketing Plan
Marketing in Action
Operations and Manufacturing
Understanding the Finance Section (Part I)
Understanding the Finance Section (Part II)
Financing Your Business
The Final Document
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word or other word processing program (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Course Fee: USD 120Now available at Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakstan and Sri Lanka