Discover and master the fundamentals of purchasing by understanding your strategic and tactical roles as a purchasing practitioner. Improve your company’s bottom-line profitability by learning and implementing key concepts such as negotiation, supplier sourcing and qualification, outsourcing and make-or-buy analysis. Learn the basics of supplier partnerships, capital budgeting and green buying.
In this online course, you will learn how to define internal customer needs, generate purchase requisitions and purchase orders, expedite, trace and receive supplier deliveries, maintain effective purchasing records and create and manage various purchasing budgets. You’ll learn about business law, contracts, leasing, Six Sigma and total quality management (TQM). You will also learn how to recruit, select and evaluate purchasing personnel, and learn the importance of business ethics.
Duration: 3 Months
- Understand the strategic and tactical roles as a purchasing practitioner
- Learn the basics of supplier partnerships, capital budgeting and green buying
- Learn how to define internal customer needs
- Discover how to generate purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Learn how to expedite, trace and receive supplier deliveries
- Examine how to maintain effective purchasing records
- Understand how to create and manage various purchasing budgets
- Course Outline
Contributions of Purchasing
Organizational Strategy and Purchasing Response
Elements of the Purchasing Cycle
The Purchasing Cycle (Conclusion); Make or Buy Analysis; Leasing
Green Buying; Purchasing Records; Competitive Bidding
Business Law, Contracts, and Legal Forms of the Organization
Six Sigma and Total Quality Management; ERP/MRP II
Introduction to Budgeting
Supplier Partnerships; Ethics and Organizational Politics
Recruiting, Training, and Evaluating Purchasing Personnel
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Course Fee: USD 120Now available at Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakstan and Sri Lanka